SPORTS CURRICULUM"Physical Education Program"
The Physical Education curriculum is specifically designed to meet the educational needs of students. It aims to prepare students for the changing demands of life in the new century, and to prepare them for their own physical development. Students will engage in the study of culture and its sporting traditions, analyzing gender issues, and determining different views about physical activity. Students will learn about team and individual excellence in practical sessions that include Basketball, Volleyball, Throwball, Table Tennis, Athletics, Yoga, Football and Cricket. They will participate as individuals and in groups to appreciate the benefits of peer support, team roles and responsibilities, as well as perseverance and commitment. Physical Education aims to educate the whole person and prepares students for a physically, emotionally and socially healthy life. Students are able to make informed decisions about their own health and physical wellbeing. They learn to identify potential hazards and to cope with them through an informed approach. Students develop a sense of responsibility for their own wellbeing and for their physical and social environment. A wide range of extra curriculum activities also encourage the development of team skills including cooperation, communication and tolerance. Students can participate in team sports with opportunities for after school and inter-school competitions. School organize extra curriculum activities inside the school campus and also hire the facilities of different clubs close to the school.
Goal of Physical Education School curriculum leads to the path of understanding the value of physical education and its relationship to a healthy, active lifestyle.
Achieve to their optimal level of physical fitness
- Become aware of movement as a creative medium related to communication, expression, and aesthetic appreciation
- Develop the motor skills necessary to participate successfully in a variety of physical activities
- Experience enjoyment and satisfaction through physical activity
- Develop social skills that demonstrate the importance of teamwork and cooperation in group activities
- Demonstrate the ability and enthusiasm to pass on to others in the community the knowledge, skills and techniques that have been learned